J-Wild

Thursday, August 31, 2006

MTV and Ford

Tonight is the night where youth culture will be gloriously put on display for all the world to see. All my teens will be talking about what happens tonight on the VMA's for the next few weeks, and I going to be right there with them. Of course if you aren't able to watch tonight or you don't have TiVO don't worry it will be on MTV for the next month. Jack Black is the host so it will defiantly be out of control. I am hoping for some intelligent self-criticism, similar to what we had at the Emmys with Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert. But it's also enjoyable to watch the soon to be forgotten take themselves way too seriously.




Click to launch video
Has anyone seen this bizarre ad from the Ford company? I saw it because of article on Slate. The article does a good job critiquing the ad from an advertising and social point of view. All in all I think it's a bad ad. It's not because I have forgotten the ad, on the contrary it has stayed on my mind since I saw it, but I couldn't tell you what car it's advertising, so in that sense it's poor. The end absolutely overshadows any product Ford was trying to promote.


No comments: