J-Wild

Sunday, April 10, 2005

FOUR!


I just watched Tiger win his fourth Master's, it was so awesome. I am just in awe of his athletic skill and mental discipline. The Golf god's were definately smiling on him (see chip on 16), but he still went out there and took it. It is going to be amazing to see what he does in the next ten years. Look what he has already accomplished and he is a year younger than I am! He has 43 PGA tour victories; 7 International Victories; Was 53-under par in four majors (next-best mark was 18-under by Ernie Els), and spent 332 consecutive weeks as the number one player in the world. For full carreer accomplishments go here. Tiger goes beyong icon status. He is on par with Jordan, Lance Armstrong, Secretariate, Babe Ruth, and Ali.

Speaking of Golf. The weather this weekend here in NY was beautiful, and thanks to my brother-in-law finding a five iron for me to replace the one I lost last season, I am just dying to go and play some golf. There are so many great courses around the City, and the one we usually play is called Split Rock in the Bronx. I can't really explain why I love golf so much. It's not because I am good at it (106 best score), and it's not because I get to play that often (perhaps 2 times a month on average). It definately isn't because it's inexpensive either. But I just love it. Being with three other friends, being outside, challenging yourself, and making that one great putt or that one shot that keeps you coming back for more. I also love the fact that my wife is more than happy for me to go out and take four or five hours to play a round. She has never made me feel guilty for playing and she is always generously enthusiastic as I re-create for her the one good shot I had during the day (even though she could probably couldn't care less). The fact that she has always encouraged me to play golf and wanted me to have fun makes me really want to honor her by not taking advantage that graciousness. So that's why I always check with her first, and then our bank account before I try to get a tee time. I can't wait to get back on the course.

3 comments:

JD said...

Tiger Woods is an amazing person. And though I think they have tried, the media can find nothing negative to pin on him.

Golf ... the more I played the worse I got. I could never figure that out.

Byron said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TKP said...

This is great and all, but what I want to know is: have you stopped wearing that hideous cell phone clip on your jeans? Listen to your wife-she's a wise one! :)