J-Wild

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ouch!



So what happens when you take a perfectly good 31 year-old ankle and put it on a soccer field in a casually competitive game? Click picture to find out....

The good news is that this didn't happen by me tripping over myself or on the ball. My "mark" was cracking under the intense pressure I was putting on him. In an effort to escape the situation he attempted to clear the ball with a good strong kick. Unfortunately he completely missed the ball and hit me squarely in the ankle, which promptly rolled and popped twice!

I am going to the doctor today to see if anything it is more serious than just a sprain. Hopefully it's not, because the game we played was just a scrimmage the season doesn't start until next Sunday!

Allison and I are both on the team which is made up of people from church, and mainly from our small group. Brandon is our coach and practices and the game have been a lot of fun. We play in the Zog Sports League which is really cool because they allow you to designate a charity for your team to play for. After the game everyone came back to the house for pizza and we watched soccer on the Fox Sports Soccer channel trying to gain some tips. Allison played fullback and was intense in defending the goal. She was so great and was a lot of fun to watch.

Our first scrimmage tied at 1-1 with Alyssa scoring on an assisting cross from me. There was a little controversy because Erin (2 yrs old) was technically on the field of play near the goal so people might have let up a little, but hey there was no whistle!

I think the injury will keep me on the DL for the next game, but hopefully I will be back for the second.


2 comments:

Jana said...

That is a really graphic, way-too-big pic of your foot.

Anonymous said...

Team 2 Soccer, GSP, 1995.